Two things:
1) Mizzou are the Big 12 Tournament Champs! In their final season in the Big 12, they get to take home the tourney trophy. This is a pretty amazing Mizzou team we have this year. This time last year, I don't think anybody would have believed we'd be where we are. Coach Haith has been exactly what this team needed. I'm proud of them all and happy to see them get a slot in the NCAA tournament tomorrow. I don't care what they're seeded. I still remember the years (not so long ago) when we didn't get into the NCAA tournament at all.
Which brings me to number 2.
Remember when I said I was thinking about finding an NBA team to follow? I've got it semi-narrowed down to a couple of possibilities. I'm sure I'm super late to the game here and the LA Lakers was never a team I was going to follow for a number of reasons, chief among them being who wants to watch Jack Nicholson on the sidelines every game? That man is terrifying. But, what cinched the deal that the Lakers would not only NOT be a team I would cheer for, but have now become the one team in the NBA that I might abhor is the fact that they've hired Quin Snyder as an assistant coach. Way to sign a deal with the devil, Lakers. In all fairness, we could assume that Snyder has become less arrogant, less greasy, and less crooked since his days at the helm of Mizzou...but what MU fan can really be fair when it comes to that guy? He's slimy. And when you have to not only put up with seeing a scary Jack Nicholson, but then they throw Quin Snyder into the mix, too? No. Lakers, we have a problem. So, while I still don't have an NBA team to root for, I now have one to root against. Blech.
No comments:
Post a Comment