Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The Burning House

I found out there's a newish website out there called "The Burning House" and it poses a single question and asks you to illustrate your answer with a photograph. If your house was burning, what would you save? (I did one and submitted it to the site, but I'm not sure how they pick the ones they choose to share, so I figured I'd go ahead and put mine on here to share with you.)


So this is what I would take if I found myself needing to get out of my burning home:

- Iris, the cat.
- Straw sun hat that I really like.
- My purse (for practical reasons).
- My mom's Iris flower necklace.
- My favorite crocheted afghan a cousin made for me several years ago.
- My first edition of "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" that I got from my Aunt shortly before she passed away.
- My glasses, because I really can't see without them.
- A statue of a little bird in an ear flap hat that I really like.
- A small antique painting of Venice that my parents found and bought for me.
- My favorite jeans.
- My super worn and nearly destroyed moccasins.
- Bruce Springsteen's "Born to Run" album because it will calm the cat down, who I know would be really upset at being away from home.

No comments:

Post a Comment