But, maybe blogging will make things better?
Or, this will:
Seriously, The Goz works miracles, does he not? Srsly.
Anywho, what has happened lately? At the end of April, I did re-arrange a lot of my furniture and my apartment looks pretty swell. Much more settled-in. More 'me'. It takes some time to make a space comfortable, you know? I'm getting there now in the apartment. It's nice. That's one nice thing. No matter how crappy the days have been lately, I come home to a place that I enjoy spending time in. I still have some more things to get figured out decor-wise. There's a room that I'm not sure what to do with, but I managed to get all other rooms in the apartment more put-together.
I'm sort of investigating an interest in latin dancing. I've learned the merengue, cha cha, salsa, and mambo. I'm kinda digging the mambo, particularly. I mambo all over the apartment each night. I cha cha down the hallway at work sometimes. I salsa in the check-out line at the grocery store. I don't really merengue anywhere. It's kinda goofy-looking. Or, at least, I just look uber-goofy doing it.
Did you watch the Kentucky Derby last weekend? It was a great race. I didn't have a favorite horse to cheer for, so I just cheered for the female jockey to finish higher than any female jockey ever has. And she did! She beat her own record, really. I think she's the only female jockey on that high of a circuit. But, she was so close to finishing in the money. She finished in 5th place, and it was really close. I was excited about that. It was a good Derby. I'm looking forward to the Preakness and Belmont coming up. Go, horsey!
Classes are winding down for the semester. Campus is starting to get quieter. I'm always a bit on the fence about how I feel about the hordes of students leaving for a while. It's nice sometimes, but I get really hooked on the hustle and bustle of the students and it feels really lonely without them in the Summer sometimes. I'm not looking forward to them leaving for the Summer...I kind of want them all to stick around and keep things lively.
Good news at work is that, if all goes well tomorrow and the Governor signs the current budget, my work gets a really nice budget for next fiscal year! Several years ago, the Society took a huge hit and has never fully recovered from that, but we've slowly been coming back up each year. We're still not where we should be if we were fully-funded, but it's so much better than we were. It's a good sign, I think. Despite that good news, everyone seems to be in a bit of a funk lately. Me included. I don't know if it's just a weird phase that we've all hit at the same time, or if we're just all tired and not getting enough sleep, or what. But, it's just been crankyville all week. Everyone is tense and unhappy and...some people are even kind of pouting. It's bizarre. As Sweet Brown would say: "Ain't nobody got time for that!"

No comments:
Post a Comment