Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Loading weekend....please wait.

I am so looking forward to a long weekend. This hasn't been a bad week by any means, but today was long. Yesterday was "Activity Day" on campus for staff recognition week. It was fun. Free lunch, free ice cream in the afternoon, a dunk tank, a deejay, a parade, and a photo booth! All in front of my place of work. Super convenient, eh? The photo booth was especially fun! Several of my co-workers went through the photo booth a couple of times. I went three times! It was too fun..


After a trivia night several weeks ago, my team won the third place prize, which included a free game of bowling at a place in town. I'd not been bowling in years and I'd never been bowling in Columbia. There were six of us and we were the only ones for a while at the alley. Us and the 'alley tender'. The worker said that when it's so slow he's able to bowl also, so he turned down the lights and turned on the black lights and disco balls and we all got to bowl cosmic-style! It was really fun, too. I am just not that awesome at real-life bowling. I'm not terrible at Wii bowling, but I don't think I've ever got over 100 points at a real bowling alley... I got somewhere in the 80s and was in the middle of the pack after the first game last night and fell to the lower 70s, tying for last place by the end of the second game. But, at least there was a tie for last place. That was a nice surprise. Also fun was the fact that the keyboard was sorta tricky and randomly ignored some letters that were selected and multiplied others so that we ended up with names like Eerri (for someone named Erica) and Abbbe (someone whose name is actually Gabe). I was Jilll. Just one extra 'l', but fun to say anyhow. After that was over, I came home in time to see the finale of "Modern Family". I love that show...and I love that my antennae can pick it up. Wooot.




After the fun yesterday, it was hard to go to work today. It felt like yesterday should have been Friday. Today I went to lunch with some co-workers and a candidate for a job opening at work. We went to Addison's. It's sort of a fancy place in town that I'd never gone to before (as it turned out, the candidate was originally from this area and had been there before, so the only person who'd never been there was little ole me). I haven't gone to a lot of places in Columbia yet. I'd always heard Addison's food was fantastic. I judge restaurants by their mashed potatoes. It's a really simple dish to make and one that nobody should mess up, but you'd be surprised at how often mashed potatoes is screwed up. It's a shame. People try to make them all fancy or something. It's a potato! It's fantastic as it is! I don't take messing with potatoes lightly. That crosses the culinary line. At any rate, Addison's mashed potatoes were excellent! Recommended!

I'm looking forward to the holiday weekend coming up. I hope everybody enjoys their holiday! See you on the flip side!

No comments:

Post a Comment