My dad and I got a lot of work done on the house over the last couple of weekends. A lot of small things that have needed to be done for several years in some cases and just hadn't been done. I learned how to put on wall texture when you scrape the wall down to the plaster! I didn't even know that wall texturing was a 'thing' that people did. But, it is. I know that now. And it smells awful. But once it's dry and you paint over it, it looks great! That was in the kitchen. The paint had been chipping due to the previous owners not having gutters on the house for a while. The rain had no where to go except to just run down the outside wall and, over time, the moisture caused the interior paint to bubble and chip once it dried. So, fixing the little paint area was something that needed to be done almost since I moved in years ago. It looks great!
The sun porch had some spaces to fill in the bricks and the ceiling once had a leak and we patched the roof a couple of years ago shortly after the leak happened, but I hadn't fixed the interior ceiling where the water came in. So, we filled the spaces and patched the ceiling and it looks great, too! Last weekend we painted the pillers on the porch. A fresh coat of paint on wooden porch pillars makes such a huge difference on the curb appeal of a home. It's all very small, cosmetic things that needed to be fixed, but it looks so great now. So proud of my little abode this Spring! It's so cute. I took lots of pictures of it this weekend with my Dad's camera.
Memorial Day here is really rainy and dreary. At noon, it looked as dark as if it were 9 pm. The rain is falling pretty hard right now, but Bea and I are settled in for an afternoon-long viewing of BBC's epic version of "Pride and Prejudice". I think I might later have some tea in my new teapot! This is the one that I painted for my birthday at a neat paint-your-own-pottery place in town. I like the way it turned out and am considering going back and seeing if they have teacups that I could paint in the same manner and have my own tea set!:

Cool teapot. I will post some of the house pictures in a few days. You forgot to mention the picket fence.
ReplyDelete