Monday, October 8, 2012

Let go or be dragged.

Sometimes I see pictures of where people are and I think, "Oh, man. I want to be there." Never really event-shots or anything. I mean landscape pictures and street scenes. Just everyday life in other places. It's so pretty sometimes. Actually, life here is pretty right now. I think Fall is the prettiest season in Missouri. We are lucky in that we have four distinct seasons. I think the four seasons thing is taken for granted by a lot of people around here, but it's really great. Just when you're getting tired of one type of weather, it's moving to another type. Sometimes it happens all in one day.

I'm listening to the baseball game on the radio. The Cards need to win today against the Nationals. We lost yesterday and we're going to be in such a hole if we don't get a win today. We're leading at the moment by quite a bit. Beltran has hit two homers and John Jay has been pretty spectacular. If we let it go and end up losing this, it'll be a real disappointment... I didn't see all of the game on Friday that made all the headlines, but I caught the beginning of the Braves' fans meltdown on the radio and then listened for a bit before going into a bar to see the action on tv and watch the Cards finish out the game. Sometimes I wonder about baseball fans. I enjoy the game, like I enjoy a bunch of sports, but I can't imagine a single scenario in which I'd be angry enough to start throwing things at people on the field. I might get up and walk out of the stadium, but I don't think I'd ever throw something at another person because I'm upset at a game. It's just not that serious. I know it's easy to say that while my team is still playing baseball. But, really. It is just a game and you don't represent yourself, your city, or your team well when you start to litter the field with trash.

I've been busy lately with life's adventures and decision-making and things, but it is nice to revisit the blank abyss of the blog again. But, I find there is little that I want to blog about. Except maybe awesome Hy-Vee cookies? Those ones that they make in their bakery? I'll eat 'em all up. Nom nom nom. If you actually know me, you probably know I am a true believer in the power of cookies. Bad mood? Cookies fix it. Birthday present? Cookies are great presents. Bringing your lunch to work? Don't forget the cookies! Cookies make everything a million times better. Hy-Vee had some of their iced cut-out cookies on clearance over the weekend and I grabbed some. I really wasn't sure what shape they were supposed to be. Turns out, they are some sort of Kansas City Chiefs arrowhead thingy that was supposed to make you excited about watching football. Well, I don't care about the Chiefs games, but I am more than happy to pay a buck fifty for some awesome Chiefs-inspired deliciousness. More of that!

I'm in a cleaning/getting rid of things mood around the house. I have a pile of things in the dining room to donate to Goodwill and I need to go through my clothing again. I went through it earlier this year and donated quite a bit, but I have a feeling there's more in there that I can let go of. I feel like I'm in a funny place right now, life-wise. Part of it is just detaching a bit from things, but also, I think I'm just ready to move on from some stuff. Things happen, but I feel like, overall, life is always good. The bad has never out-weighed the good in my life, even when the bad was especially rough. But, I don't ever want to be somebody that holds on to things when she needs to let go. Kind of like how I hope I'm never that elderly lady wearing spandex stirrup pants at the mall, I also hope I'm never that person who doesn't know when to say 'enough is enough' and move on. I have a magnet on  my fridge that I see every day that says 'Let go or be dragged.' If I had a mantra, that would be it. I find it to be very true.

I'm off to eat an arrowhead now.

No comments:

Post a Comment