Did you happen to see the St. Louis Cardinals work their final out magic on Friday night? I didn't. I'm not one to stay up and watch them possibly lose games like that. Much like last year's Game 6 of the World Series, I went to bed and found out about it all the next morning. I did watch the beginning of the game and that was rough. Wainwright was down three runs before he even had a chance to settle into a pitching rhythm. And then it was 6 to nothing. And then I stopped watching it on tv. And I came home and picked up innings 5-7 on the computer, watching the box score. And then we were chipping away at their lead. And then we had the bases loaded and Yadi up to bat and he flied out. And I went 'Argh!' and went to bed. And then they did amazing things, like they do. As fun as it is to be a fan of a winning team like the St. Louis Cardinals, it's not easy to stick with them all the time. This trend they have of waiting until the final out of a game is awesome when it works, but it seriously stresses me out.
The house that I grew up in is getting a new family next month. My parents built it when I was two years old and this week, my dad sold the house. I was over there yesterday when the new family was there and there are two little girls in the family who love the monkey bar set in the backyard. Finally! Those monkey bars have been neglected for far too long. It made me smile to see kids using them again. I think that's a good house for a new family. Plus, the neighborhood has a lot of kids in it right now. When I was little there were a lot of kids, and then we all grew up and there was a stretch of there being really only one little kid in the neighborhood (how lonely!), but it's back to how it was when I was little. The neighborhood is still very sleepy and you can still run around in the streets and play ball, bike up and down the hills, etc. My family had a good run in that house but I think it's time to move on.
| In the backyard at the house I grew up in. I think Dad was trying to teach me and the dog croquet. I'm not sure we're getting it. |
No comments:
Post a Comment