Monday, September 10, 2012

Oh, the places we'll go.

I'm having an impromptu personal day off from work. My car seems to be having some sort of tire issue. It had a problem last month and I took it in and they just filled all the tires with air and sent me on my way. Then, today, the car freaked out again. At work, we get four personal days a year that we can take which don't count against vacation or sick leave. I haven't taken any, so I decided today was a perfect day to do that. The weather is beautiful and it made having to go back to the auto shop a little easier to handle. They still didn't find anything and just blamed the low air on the fluctuating temperatures... I'm assuming next month the tire pressure gauge will freak out again and then I'll just have someone actually change the damn tire. But, still, today was once again cost-free for me, so no real complaints about that. I have my auto maintenance class this week, so maybe I'll get some awesome tips and learn stuff. I'm hoping so.

After doing a little grocery shopping and going on a long walk around downtown, I've spent the last 20 minutes or so watching bits of a movie I picked up at the library today as well as browsing Pinterest. It's nice and lazy today. This 'personal day' stuff is great. I've got my windows open, and my neighbor came home recently at lunch to walk the dog and I kind of love the sound of their wooden screen door. It's got a creak in it, plus that great wooden screen door slam to it when it closes. It's weird to say that a slamming door sounds nice, but it does. It's friendly. Aluminum screen doors like mine can slam, but it's less of a friendly sort of sound. It's more obnoxious. There's just something comforting about the creaks and slams of wooden screen doors, you know?

Having a day off has made me think of vacations, again. I'm imagining myself in many places today where (in my head) the weather is as perfect there as it is here today:

Bamboo forest in Japan.

Outer Banks, NC


No idea where this is located, but it's pretty.

Black Forest in Germany. (Heigh-ho, heigh-ho...)

No comments:

Post a Comment