Friday, January 27, 2012

It's been 1 year!

Happy 1 year blogiversary to Morsels of Mumblings!

Work is uber-quiet. Most people are gone today for one reason or another. Me and my supervisor are holding down our corner of the office today. We got our new cart though for our field work, so we can now push/pull our scanner and equipment through the wilds of Central Missouri instead of carrying/nearly dropping things all the time. It gives a more professional air to your entrance when you aren't huffing and puffing and nearly dropping everything upon meeting the people who are willing to entrust their valuable historical collections to you. On our first trip, I was laughing so hard at our exit of the office, I barely made it to the car. I tend to begin laughing uncontrollably when I have to carry heavy things. It's why I'm completely useless during moves. Or, not useless, I can carry boxes and lamps and things. But don't ask me to help you carry heavy furniture because i start laughing so hard I can hardly move and end up dropping my side of the furniture. It just takes a long time and if you're in a moving hurry, it's easier to bypass the Jill-train altogether as far asking for my assistance with any heavy-lifting. Also, I'm a relative weakling when it comes to arm strength. I'm working on that though at the health plex!

Speaking of, I haven't been to the health plex since Peru. I figured showing up to the Health Plex coughing and all sick with a cold wouldn't do anybody any good. I hope to get back to it next week. I enjoy it. Truth.

I found out that my favorite photo editing site, Picnik, is closing down. It's apparently going to be shifting over to Google for Google+ purposes or somesuch thing like that. Not sure. Only know that come, mid-April, my photo editing site will be kaput. At least as I know it now. BUT, the good news is that from now til closing time, they've opened up all their fantastic editing schemes and tools to all users, not just those who shelled out the money for a premium subscription. I always thought about doing the premium thing, but never got around to it. Well now, I can use all the cool stuff for a couple of months. So, I've been going back through pictures and messing with them to see what I can get the software to do. You can get the software to do much. And, looking back through travel pictures always makes me happy. I don't think I've had a bad trip. Ever. I've had rough days on trips, but never has anything ever ruined an entire travel experience.





No comments:

Post a Comment