Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Blizzards aren't just at Dairy Queen.

I can't believe it's only 2:30 because I'm going kind of crazy with boredom. I think most of the issue is that I was woken up at 6:30 with the doorbell ringing and someone knocking a tune on my front door. I tried to ignore it and went back to sleep for a few reasons:
1) It's 6:30 in the morning and you'd better be dying or, at the very least, losing a lot of blood if you're going to wake me up. And if the person was dying or losing blood, they probably wouldn't have knocked a fun little tune on my door.
2) I don't know anybody who would be at my door at that time of day that would actually expect me to answer.
3) I was sleepy and the bed was warm.

So, I went back to sleep and woke up at 8:30 to the same thing again. Doorbell and tuneful knocking. So, I reluctantly got up and walked to the front of the house in time to see a policeman walking down the sidewalk from my house. Now, this is not the first time that the cops have chosen to go door to door in my neighborhood at dumb hours expecting people to hop out of bed and answer their doors. The last time was a double homicide two doors down and they were trying to locate the suspect. But this time I figured it was some sort of public service door to door thing? Maybe a 'hi. are you aware its blizzarding out here? great. just checking.' I don't know, he hasn't returned all day, so he was just my alarm clock this morning, I guess. Which is extra lame since I could have spent much longer sleeping in.

Now it's much later and the snow is getting high, and I've watched a few movies, and have messed around on the internet too much, and I just don't know what to do with myself. The university is closed today and tomorrow. I don't have to go back til Thursday (which is one of my normal working days, anyhow) and they're planning a gigantic snowball fight on the quad in front of the museum on Thursday. If I can make it up there, I'll definitely join in. I haven't been in a snowball fight in a long time. Ooooh, fun.

1 comment: